This is a post for family, if you stumble across my bit of 'cyber-inter-intra-net-web' and want to give your input too, you are more than welcome, but mostly I am looking to find out if this trait is inherited or my own singular oddity.
I was doing laundry today and as I was folding all of my husbands underwear and then moved onto mine, I realized that, honestly, 'do these need to be folded?' I guess my mother always folded our underwear and encouraged/demanded that we fold the underwear when we folded laundry (rarely). But really, as Claire would ask, 'Why?'
So if you have any thoughts, do you fold your underwear or just throw it in a drawer? Do you fold your significant other's underwear? Does he think it is strange? Do you know why someone would beging this silly waste of time habit? let me know, I think I am going to try to just throw my underwear in the drawer today and see how it feels. I have yet to leave the kitchen after doing dishes without wiping the counters... Habits are hard to break, especially if they aren't yours to begin with.
*ammendment: I tried just throwing them in, and ended up quazi folding the underwear, what is our obsession with underwear drawers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I fold both mine and Micah's (please dont tell him i'm discussing his underwear on teh internet)
He likes his socks tucked one inside the other, which i think is odd. but i dont think he cares about underwear folding, I do it the way mom taught me to do dad's
I think Quasi is spelled with an "s"
i fold my underwear cuz mom taught me to. i think it looks nicer in the drawer. i dont fold marks underwear. i think he would find that strange for the mere fact that i was touching his underwear regardless of if i was going to fold it or not.
Folding enables you to better see your stuff in the drawer whether it is underwear or other clothing. that way you can better choose your favorite underwear without rummaging through them all.
And Micah is correct - socks should be folded inside the other.
And finally, Manda, you shouldn't be touching Mark's or any other male's underwear for any reason at this time. Consider it a "Dad said so" sort of thing.
If you fold your clean underwear you can tell your clean uderwear from your dirty underwear without smelling it. This is especially beneficial the more people who live in your house. Perhaps the waste is not in folding it, but in wearing it in the first place. Plus if you really listened to your mother, your underwear drawer would not be so colorful.
I learned how to fold your Dad's underwear from Kim Croyle, whose husband requested his briefs folded the way his mother folded them. Side, side, pee-pee, over. I'm not sure if the little saying was Ron's Mom's or if Kim just made it up herself to make the exercise more amusing than annoying.
Ok so it's Kim Croyle who started all this... huh, you never know where these things will lead. At the end of the day, my mom had a pony and people have been side/side/pee-pee/over-ing long before my mother or me.
Also, I never did understand the whole colored underwear thing, you wash them just like you do white ones. and they are WAY more fun.
the aversion to colored underwear has something to do with crotch rot im pretty sure.
KT told me once that probably even the virgin Mary had more interesting underwear than me!
I have since branched out. But it still has to have a white cotton lining in the crotch.
i forgot about crotch rot... I would google it to find out if it truly exists but am afraid of what I would find.
Post a Comment